Do it For You

Have you ever apologized for your appearance? "Oh sorry, I haven't got any makeup on today," or felt weird going outside without your daily concealer/mascara/powder/bronzer etc.? Well, you shouldn't. Why should you feel the need to apologize for who you are and what you look like?

Who you are without makeup is the real you and you should love it! Superwoman made an amazing video on this topic, and frankly, I could not think of a better way to word it, so go and give it a watch, if you haven't already. :)

On the other side of the spectrum, I don't know about you, but sometimes, I have those days when I'm not going anywhere, but I just feel like putting on makeup and dolling myself up. And that's fine too! I feel like I shouldn't ever just dress or make myself up a certain way just for someone else. I should do it for me, too. So, if you want to wear your prettiest dress with a full face of makeup, while lounging around at home watching Netflix, you go do that, just because it makes you happy.

It's really important to know that you don't need to be all dolled up to be "pretty". You're pretty just the way you are :) I know that sounds super corny and cringe-worthy, but it's true. It might be really difficult to come to terms with, but you are who you are and it's all you've got. You might not be blessed with supermodel legs, but you might be blessed with the most beautiful smile. Learn to love yourself with all your imperfections, and start doing things for yourself.


----
Rawr,

Jakie

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.